Minecraft

For talking about video games in general, or a certain series you enjoy!

Minecraft

Postby Ishytri » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:42 pm

Minecraft is really a cool game, one I recently purchased on Xbox one. I am having a blast with it, and still finding new things out about it. The level of things you can create is really cool, I never knew it could possibly be so high, especially with something called Redstone, which lets you basically run electricity through your creations, and or make basic circuits for even more complicated things.

You better bet, I like making draw bridges and walls that are really doors lol. XD

Either way, any of you play the game? what are some thoughts you have on it?
Yo how's it go?... Yes you are looking at my sig. Thank you, my goal is to make you look at it.
Ishytri

Re: Minecraft

Postby Shadowcat » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:09 am

Aw, man! I've played (and loved) Minecraft for a really long time! I think it's interesting that on the Xbox version it shows you what you need to make something, and also kind of helps you along in crafting it, while on the PC you have to figure it all out for yourself. I don't own the Xbox version, but have played it. I've got the PC version though, and I'm thrilled to bits with it!

There were a couple things that I noticed between the two--like the aforementioned crafting differences. The console versions of the game don't get the updates nearly as often as the PC version, and that kinda stinks. It makes it hard to talk about the new updates when you're the only one with it! And...that's about it XD

Anyways, I still haven't figured out the practical purposes for Polar Bears in the game, except to maybe add some interest to the tundras and snowy places?
What's your current favorite area? There are so many now... @_@ Meadows, forests, jungles, deserts, mesas, oceans, tundras, mountains, riverlands, swamps, pine barrens...? (to name a few, lol)
THAT'S FROM THE WATER TRIBE!

Rad Points: 4
Shadowcat

Postby Ishytri » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:49 am

Yes, it is quite a bit slower for the updates, but still fun. XD I am really looking forward to getting the Combat update, and some of the features that come along with it, though that is long past in the pc version. ^^ I am glad to find you enjoy the game too. XD

Yes, it is possible to select for the crafting to be just like the Computer one, but i do like having it done quick like that. XD makes it easier so i can get back to redstone working. One of the things I am working on right now, is a rail system for a roller coaster that changes paths as you go around it, multiple times. ^^; it has oddly ended up fusing like three minecart roller coasters me and a pal made already. XD

Yeah, i think that is one of the only reasons they have them in their right now, just another animal for another area. which is kind of cool haha. ^^ I like Tundra and Meadows a lot in the game. I also like to find places with water, because it makes it easy to dig straight down. :p they may say not to, but with a little water and a torch for infinite air supply, it makes it oh so easy to do so. XD
Yo how's it go?... Yes you are looking at my sig. Thank you, my goal is to make you look at it.
Ishytri

Postby Shadowcat » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:45 pm

The Combat update was an extremely fun one, though my brother and I had a discussion about how odd it was that they made axes stronger than swords. Slower, but still stronger. I hope they port it over soon!

ahhhh, man, I've always been terrible at building with redstone XD I find myself just building enormous villages and whatnot with little to no moving parts. XD I also tried making a rollercoaster once, but it didn't turn out so well, so I wound up destroying it XD I hope yours turns out well!

I'm not against having animals for these different places, but I'd kind of prefer if they would all have a clear purpose. The polar bears drop fish, and that's it. :| They don't do much else. They added llamas, which are quite useful and fun too, since the rugs you can put on them all look different depending on what color of rug you use. That sounds...interesting XD I can't say I've ever just started digging down like that before, lol
THAT'S FROM THE WATER TRIBE!

Rad Points: 4
Shadowcat

Return to Video Game Discussion