The Various Games of LEGO

Talk about favorite shows, movies, books and more!

The Various Games of LEGO

Postby Shadowcat » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:48 pm

Let's get talking about the LEGO franchise of video games! Are you all about the LotR, or maybe a Batmaniac? Whatever LEGO game you like best, let's hear what you think is the greatest part--And also what console you think is best for them! Be it PS3 (or any PlayStation system), Xbox, Wii/WiiU or DS/3/2DS!

My personal favorites are The Hobbit, LotR and Marvel...possibly because those are the three we own. XD we also have Batman 3, but haven't gotten far enough in to see how much I like it. I can't help but notice that it doesn't seem to have open world between missions (Levels), which is one of my favorite things about the games, but it is still greatly enjoyable. Me and my sister always aim to complete all of our many files 100%, though...that's certainly easier said than done! Another thing I love about these games is how expansive the content is! it sometimes seems like there's no end to it!

I am rather sad that The Hobbit never got the DLC for the Battle of Five Armies chapter. It makes the story end very abruptly. Bilbo: "What have we done?" THE END.........really, Traveler's Tales? they say it wasn't popular enough to justify getting the DLC...but what about the people who loved it? leaving us hanging? The game wasn't all that expensive to begin with I don't think, so they could have (and I grudgingly say this--I hate spending money for DLC) released the content for like, $3 or something. Maybe $5? I would have probably bought it, actually... :oops: but alas, never was it available. Sorry--tangent!

So let's start the conversation(s)!
THAT'S FROM THE WATER TRIBE!

Rad Points: 4
Shadowcat

Re: The Various Games of LEGO

Postby Zelda the Hobbit » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:15 pm

Hobbit and Lord of the Rings. :D They make me laugh so hard. XD
The Road goes ever on and on...
Zelda the Hobbit

Postby Ishytri » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:51 pm

Very interesting. I have played the Star Wars series some and Pirates of the Caribbean. It is an interesting series with some neat ideas. I liked in the Star wars series how their were different sets of force for different kinds of puzzles, and that you had to have the right kind of character for them.

That being said, I played star wars on the DS, I found some of the force powers a bit bothersome to use with the touch pad, but that had a remedy with a certain button. I played the pirates one on 360, and it was quite good too, and had me go back a few times to check for secrets in the level I played, but I opted not to buy that one. XD

I would like to try the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings type series legos, I think that would be very interesting.
Yo how's it go?... Yes you are looking at my sig. Thank you, my goal is to make you look at it.
Ishytri

Postby Shadowcat » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:01 pm

I learned from a friend that, at least with one of the LEGO games, the DS version was (as he described it) more like a demo of the game than the full version. The home console versions certainly have more perks, but are sometimes more expensive. Like I think in the ones for mobile systems there is no free-play in the world, like how you can roam Middle-Earth in both the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings. I would like to play more of the LEGO games, but...the problem is, once I get a new one, I just wanna play it for the next six months! :P Oh well.

Anyways, sometimes the missions and levels and such get a bit tedious, but I think the games are usually overall enjoyable. I liked how in both LotR and the Hobbit they included characters who weren't in the movies, but were in the books. That was really cool to me. They also include different versions of characters (My example here being the first LEGO Marvel game), like they have a movie version of Thor, then they have the Classic version, as they name it. The classic looks more like the version we're probably all more familiar with, with no facial hair and a slightly different outfit. I like how they do it, because then you get to play as your favorite version!

...but I digress. :P I kinda just go off blabbering...haha...

Shadowcat

Postby Zelda the Hobbit » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:11 pm

Yes...the multi player is also amazing! Me and Lissie lost track of time when we played it.. XD
The Road goes ever on and on...
Zelda the Hobbit

Postby Shadowcat » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:55 am

I hope to purchase LEGO Marvel: Avengers when it comes out on January 26th. ^^ I'm holding onto the money I got for my birthday to use on it! X3 bwahahahaaa!

Shadowcat

Return to Series Discussion