Life Discussion

Stop in, grab a cup of tea and a box of Pocky, and chat with other members here!

Re: Life Discussion

Postby Ishytri » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:20 am

XD that is good to have a lot to do. ^^

Art in any form takes much work, yes. ^^ I look forward to seeing it indeed. All I used to do is paint my characters hair lol.

Wow, so much! It sounds like a lot of fun. Fairs can be really cool, though it has been a while since i have been to one.

So do you normally go with friends or family to such things? ^^
Yo how's it go?... Yes you are looking at my sig. Thank you, my goal is to make you look at it.
Ishytri

Postby Shadowcat » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:41 pm

Whoops, I vanished again. XD It's been a really busy month for me though!

That's still customizing though! ^^

There's another fair coming up at the end of this month/beginning of next too. It's got an art show in it, and I'm going to enter it. :) I've got two entries done, but for one fee you can put in up to four. You can enter as many as you want, but have to pay another fee for the next four. XD I should work on two more, just for good measure. :3

Yes! My dad usually takes whoever in the family who wants to go, then we invite some close friends to come too. It's very pleasant...unless it's scorching hot!!
THAT'S FROM THE WATER TRIBE!

Rad Points: 4
Shadowcat

Postby Ishytri » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:27 pm

That is fine, it happens.

Very true. Who knew years later Dragon ball Super would use said colors for the hair lol.

That sounds like more fun, I hope you have fun at it, and that the contest goes good for you.

And that is nice of your dad to do. ^^
Yo how's it go?... Yes you are looking at my sig. Thank you, my goal is to make you look at it.
Ishytri

Postby Shadowcat » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:21 pm

I've been spending most of my free time reading. Did I mention that I recently got a library card? I'm thrilled about it. Only problem I have is that the library is fairly small and rather poor, so the selection of books is pretty narrow. There's the interlibrary loan program, but they can't just do it for you--you have to pay fifty cents for every book you order in. That's alright with me though--I understand how hard it must be. And hey, I've got a lot of loose change. They need it more than I do.

Haha, well, that's really cool at least! ^^

I'm hoping to place better than I did last year. I got second last time. ^^; The odds are more against me this time, but I'll try and get first this year. That's my goal, at least!

Yep, I love my dad. :)

Shadowcat

Postby Ishytri » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:40 pm

Really? That is nice, and cool. Oddly, our old library did not charge us for the interlibrary loan program, but then again, it might be because of what we asked for?

Indeed. ^^

Ahh that is a nice place to have got, but you do not worry to much about that, because art is in the eye of the beholder, so it is all about what the judges like and such.

That is good haha. ^^
Ishytri

Postby Shadowcat » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:25 am

Aggh! I vanished!! Sorry!!! Anyway...I'm kinda back now! ^-^;;

Anyways, I've figured out it's definitely because the library is very poor. :c They recently filed for a grant I believe, but they were denied it due to the low amount of traffic they receive. iPads and Kindles and all those tablet things are really hurting the physical book market, and thus the libraries, it would seem. They're a great thing, those tablets, but nothing beats a good ole book in hand. Besides, it's probably better for your eyes to stare at a piece of paper with ink on it than a lit screen. :| Whenever I borrow one of my friends' kindle, it bothers my eyes and I have to take constant breaks. Meh. XD

I've started honing my art style and all that jazz in preparation for next year! This year I got 3rd, which I...wasn't that happy about. It's alright, I suppose, but for all the hours I poured into the pieces I entered I had kind of hoped for at least second again. Ah, well. Next art show, maybe!

Man, it's been forever since I was on here...I forgot how much I loved the font and the smilies. :D Sorry for vanishing...a lot of stuff has happened since August, which was...apparently the last time I was on here. XD I've started a website and all that cool stuff now, and I've really improved my art, I think! :) I missed you guys too! (Well...I mean, you and Pearl are pretty much the only two who ever get on, but still!) I look forward to catching up. ^-^

Shadowcat

Postby Ishytri » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:33 am

XD it is all cool, welcome back hahaha.

That is a pity, sometimes it is the area too. ^^ But it is pretty easy to read online, you know random book a, or random book b. but i know what you mean, sometimes it hurts my eye too. xD So i have to take breaks also. By the way, while you read, do you listen to music?

I hope it goes good, you are already a great artist, regardless of your placing in the competition, with practice you will only get better indeed. ^^ I am gonna have to start asking you for advice after what i have seen with your last works!

Thank you, it sure has been a long time, but that happens sometimes, especially if you have a lot going on, Pearl certainly does at times, as Do I, so it is bound to happen that any one of us, the Amigo and two Amiga are bound to disappear for a bit hahaha.

^^ either way, it is nice to chat with you again.

And yes, They have a good selection and nice look to the site haha.
Ishytri

Postby Shadowcat » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:34 pm

Ha, accidentally dodged out again there XD

That could be the case. I hope the situation improves for them though.
I do occasionally, though I find I prefer to focus on the book more usually, and I turn the tunes off. I used to love reading the Kingdom Hearts manga while listening to KH2 music lol

Well thank you! I've been putting in a lot of work. ^-^ Oh...! Well! *Blushes* I'd be happy to share and help in any way I can!

December was certainly a busy time...family visiting and whatnot, and then immediately after Christmas I came down very sick! I was in bed for days. :c I'm finally pretty much better now though, and I'm able to do most of my daily things again! ^-^ It's completely normal I guess haha

Same!

It's a shame it's closing down, eh? I didn't see it coming. I'll miss these forums...

Shadowcat

Postby Pearl » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:44 pm

Yeah, I'm still alive. I'm not really following everything in this long thread but I've read through the most recent sections of it.

I don't really know if there's much to post here because I've moved pretty much all my online activity from DeviantArt and Pixiv to twitter. DA is more of a social platform plus art and Pixiv is purely art. I've been doing a lot of writing on DA reflecting my thoughts and feelings in general. It just feels that I'm always out of place, like there's nowhere I really belong to.

Ever since TinierMe disbanded we're kind of left in the cold without any new members coming in. Even the group on DA was kind of abandoned now. But I'll still be around.
Kapitulieren? Niemals! Das ist empörend!

Ich habe Berlin von jahren gegen die Roten erobert, und werde die stadt bis zum letzten atemzug, gegen die Roten verteidigen!
Pearl

Postby Ishytri » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:08 am

XD sorry for not posting in so long. Hiya Shadow and Pearl!

@Shadow.

Ahh really? ^^

Ahh what songs are your fav from KH2? Mine were Tension rising and Other promise. XD They make for some interesting things to listen too while reading. The 13th struggle was pretty cool too.

Thank you! ^^ Expect questions.

Same, well almost, still busy for me, i have had little sleep, i have so many experiments and projects going on. I almost feel like that one song though, "No sleep till clear!!!" XD

But yes, it is, we can still contact on facebook, which by the way, Pearl, feel free to add me on facebook, I have you on DA, but I have not been on there in a long time. ^^ You can contact me with ease if you have an FB, if not, I will just make it a habit to log on Da regularlly to chat with you. ^^

https://www.facebook.com/jeremiah.fuller.9022 <<<<<<

Yes, That is me and my little doggy. XD or rather my sisters dog. but you know what I mean.

Either way, I plan on coming here more often, just to check it, till it is either reformatted or shut down if it ever is you two, so till then, you can reach me here too. ^^

God bless you both.

P.S.

XD i will talk about some of my experiments next time i log on perhaps?
Ishytri

Previous

Return to General Discussion